Here is the “Owl Always Love You” Valentine’s Day I card made using our Valentine’s Day Sample Dot-to-Dot on the inside. This card is fairly simple and uses every day craft items to create. You can make your own using the artwork file on the right and free the puzzle.
Supplies I used:
- 1 sheet of patterned cardstock
- 1 red piece of string
- Clip art sheet with owl and sentiments
- 1 8½” x 11″ sheet of heavy white cardstock for base
- Greatest Dot-to-Dot Sample Newspaper Puzzle for Valentine’s Day
- 1 piece of scrap acetate, saved from a box of noodles
- Watercolor Pencils
- Water brush
- Double-sided Tape
- Paper Cutter
- Cut 8½” x 11″ sheet of heavy white cardstock down to 6½” x 10″. Score cardstock in half to make card 5″ x 6½”.
- Cut pattern cardstock for front of card (top half) 5” x 6½”.
Print out the two pdf clip art files from above. Color in the images except the large heart. Cut out everything.
Additional tricks I use to get dimension.
- I use two or three water color pencils in different shades of the same color. I use the darkest color near the lines and the lightest in the middle of the image.
- I drag the waterbrush from the darkest color to the lightest color, keeping the brush damp, not soaked.
- I color past the images so when I cut them out they don’t have a white edge.
- I use Tim Holtz Distress inks on the edge of the cardstock and puzzle.
- I put Ranger Glossy Accents on the small heart after I colored it. It gives it a shine and adds dimension.
Here is a link if you would rather make last years Valentine’s Day Card, or combine the art work to make your own design.